NWS IDIQ Task Order Contract DG133W-13-CQ-0041
Scope of Contract
The tasks for which StormCenter has been awarded the SBIR Phase I and II contracts, and which are in scope for this SBIR Phase III contract between NWS and StormCenter, include innovations/modifications, training, and other support in the following areas:
- Decision support services that require geospatial situational awareness and visualization of Earth science and environmental data
- Provide support geospatial data sharing and visualization needs, to include, but not limited to, information gathering and acquisition, data sharing and management, data fusion and analysis, and decision making to actions.
- Integrate its innovative solutions with existing GIS and IT infrastructures of NWS and partner/customer agencies to provide a common operational picture (COP) across multiple organizations in addition to providing a "trusted information environment" that allows leadership to make rapid but sound decisions even during urgent situations.
- Work with NWS and partner/customer agencies to make their current geospatial assets and mapping systems fully collaborative without disrupting workflows. This may be accomplished using existing or upgraded (more modern or different) map viewer technologies and even multiple versions while protecting organizational investments (mapping functions, infrastructure and basemap layers, data feeds, etc.).
- Real time geospatial collaboration and cross-platform collaboration.
- Implement their existing capabilities (or make enhancements or modifications as needed) to increase the ability of users to make decisions collectively when dealing with geospatial information. These products will support collaboration between users and experts who are separated by distance or on different computer platforms.
- Implement their existing capabilities (or make enhancements or modifications as needed) to improve the ability of decision makers to access datasets that have not been available due to issues such as file sizes, connection speeds, or simply a lack of an expertise when accessing geospatial data.
- Implement their existing capabilities (or make enhancements or modifications as needed) to be integrated into current workflows at NWS and customer/partner agencies. StormCenter shall provide recommendations to NWS and customer/partner agencies as to which collaborative capabilities are needed to support current and planned operations; the line of geospatial collaborative products developed by StormCenter will allow NWS and customer/partner agencies to choose from a diversity of available decision making environments and collaborative options, making it easier to adopt the level of service that best suit current needs.
- Collaborative decision making using a Common Operating Picture (COP).
- Implement their existing capabilities (or make enhancements or modifications as needed) to provide a new, or modify and existing, state-of-the-art geobrowser solution or Common Operating Picture (COP) for data sharing and visualization.
- Provide products and services needed to integrate Collaborative Common Operating Picture (C-COP) innovations into day-to-day operations.
- Work with NWS and customer/partner agencies to select, test, and implement the appropriate StormCenter line of products that adds collaborative capabilities to the variety of available commercial-off-the-shelf products.
Point of Contact
Catherine Perren, Contract Specialist